Check out when they’re on in the city centre, the University, Sutton, Moseley, Harborne, Kings Heath and Kings Norton …
Farmers’ Markets reduce the amount of fuel spent on transporting food: the stallholders sell stuff they have grown or made themselves. You can usually find some organic produce at a Farmers’ Market.
Birmingham has several:
- New Street, B2, on the 1st & 4th Wednesday of each month except in December when it’s every Wednesday, leading up to Christmas Day, 10am – 4pm
- Birmingham University, B15 on the 4th Wednesday of each month.
- Sutton Coldfield, The Parade, B72, 2nd Friday of month 9am – 3pm
- Moseley, B13, at the junction of St Marys Row and Alcester Road, on the 4th Saturday of each month, 9am – 2pm.
- Harborne High Street, B17, 2nd Saturday of each month, 9am – 2pm.
- Kings Heath, Alcester Road, B14, outside All Saints Church, 1st Saturday of the month, 9am – 3.30pm.
- Kings Norton, The Green, B38, 2nd Saturday of month, 9am – 2pm.
There is also one in Bearwood.